Starting in 1899 exploratory services were held by
Rev. C. Albrecht from Fairfield and Horton Township. From 1900-1905 Rev. W.
Marth from Horton Township conducted serves. In 1900 St. John's was organized
as a member congregation of the LC-MS. Rev. H. Kollmorgen was the first
resident pastor from 1905-1910. In June 1906 the church building was dedicated.
From 1910-1916 St John's had no resident pastor, so Rev. F. E. Pasche of Horton
Township conducted services. In 1916 St. John's joined the Minnesota Synod (a
forerunner of the WELS), and Rev. H. Hopp served from 1916-1923. From 1918-1955
St. John's pastors also served St. Paul's of Morris as a dual parish. From
1924-1928 Rev. W. F. Sprengeler served. In 1926 St. John's joined the Wisconsin
Rev. E. A. Hempeck served from 1928 to 1938. From
1938-1955 Rev. H. C. Duehlmeier served. The current parsonage was built in
1949. Rev. E. Hallauer served from 1955-1960. In 1960 some members joined the
Church of the Lutheran Confession. Rev. P. H. Wilde served from 1960-1965,
followed by Rev. J. Manteufel from 1966-1968.
Rev. M. T. Bradtke served from 1968-1975. During those
years the steeple was removed and the narthex was added to the church building.
From 1975-1984 Rev. M. Lopahs served, followed by Rev. T. Bauer from 1985-1988.
Rev. R. Johannes served from 1989-2000. During those years a new garage was
built and a new organ installed. Rev. G. Bitter has served from 2000 to the